Buy flood insurance in two minutes or less
Start Your Flood Insurance Quote Today
Flood Insurance Coverage You Can Count On
As a homeowner, it’s important to protect your investment. But did you know that most homeowners’ insurance policies don’t cover damages caused by flooding?
Flooding is the number one most common natural disaster and takes place in every region across the country. At Skylake Insurance of Lauderdale we believe that having a better understanding of your flood risk can help you better protect yourself and your property. Here are some facts and figures to keep in mind as you make an informed insurance decision:
- Everyone lives in a flood zone
- Floods and flash floods happen in all 50 states.
- 25% of all flood claims are filed by people who lived outside of high-risk areas.
- In a high-risk area, a home is twice as likely to be damaged by a flood than a fire
While basic flood insurance is offered nationwide through the government-run National Flood Insurance Program, we’ve found that our homeowners can often save an average of 20-25% off their premium for coverage that is identical to – or even better than – an NFIP policy.
Skylake Insurance of Lauderdale has pre-underwritten the entire market, which allows a policy to be obtained in less than 3 minutes with either no waiting period or a short 10 day waiting period (as opposed to NFIP policies, which mandate a 30-day waiting period in most cases.)
Flood coverage extends to the contents of structures not attached to the home such as a garage, pool house, or shed, grills and pools, and double or more the standard NFIP coverage for residential homes (Neptune covers up to $2,000,000) and contents (Neptune covers $500,000).
Extra endorsements can be added to your Neptune policy to tailor it to your individual needs.
- Pool repair and refill. The NFIP specifically excludes coverage for swimming pools, but with this endorsement, Neptune will cover swimming pool repair & refill costs up to $10,000.
- Extra buildings on property. Adding this optional coverage means Neptune will pay up to an additional $50,000 for all unattached structures combined.
- Temporary living expenses. With this endorsement, if a home is deemed uninhabitable, Neptune will reimburse certain expenses for temporary housing and food cost
Get flood insurance online – instantly
Ready to start your flood insurance quote?
For a quick quote, please fill out the form today. One of our licensed agents will contact you. There is absolutely no cost or obligation. In addition to price quotes, our Fort Lauderdale agents can review your current coverage and make recommendations on how you might improve it